Dragon Clan Lands Punching Bag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hai Guys, We All Suck

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hai Guys, We All Suck Empty Hai Guys, We All Suck

Post  Old Man Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Ok, people... Calm down. Calm down.

Venting is healthy, because it's a means of letting out all the shit that's built up within you. But some of the posters here seem to feed on the complaining, deepening their passionate responses with each new person that agrees with them.

It's ok to be angry, it's ok to complain. What ISN'T ok, is to hate. And by posting some rather hurtful messages about various DCL mods, you're not helping anyone. Especially with the messages that are established on the rashness and irrationality of emotions, with limited to no arguments.

The idea is to solve the issue, not be petty children that shout at each other how the other is wrong. "It doesn't matter if I'm wrong or right, I just know that YOU are wrong!" Such behavior doesn't make you any better than the mods, because you're not listening to what the other person is saying.

AND NOW, on a completely different note:
I nominate myself as the new supreme dictat-... I mean, mod of the DCL. Who's with me? I promise to encourage people to use the word 'lesbian', because I'm just a dirty old man deep inside my little groi-... I mean, soul. I MEAN SOUL.

Old Man says: I'm reading some 1st class DC drama...
Old Man says: It's the bomb. I feel like adding oil to the fire and look at the members sizzle. x3

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Hai Guys, We All Suck Empty Re: Hai Guys, We All Suck

Post  unwanted Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:12 pm

LMFAO

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Poptart Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:12 am

I haven't seen a rant here yet without reasoning as well.

GTFO.

Poptart

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:13 am

I bet you didn't see a lot of maturity, either. 8D

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post  pwnt Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:41 am

Doesn't look like you're a good example of maturity either. Guess that makes you the crow calling the raven black.

pwnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 am

Sense of humor is so hard to come by these days.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunked Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:01 am

Perhaps folks are getting hateful because they tried to reason but if their thoughts did not follow the majority they were pushed aside and ignored?

Thunked

Back to top Go down

Post  XD Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:04 am

Telling yourself you're funny is hilarious.

YOU FAIL CLOWN SCHOOL. STOP OOGLING THE SCHOOL GIRLS AND STUDY MORE.

XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:18 am

if their thoughts did not follow the majority they were pushed aside and ignored

I call this one "The Story of Human Existence".

By the way, I can't believe how vulgar Clan members get once they're safely tucked behind anonymity. I'm not sure I want to be a member of a community with such people around (yes, yes... now you're gonna tell me to scram, I know), whether they support the mods or the members. Just for kicks, I'd like to see if anyone can guess who I am.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunked Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:34 am

I cannot speak on behalf of all those here, but I have not maliciously lashed out at ANYONE, even where I felt it was not undue. I have tried to behave reasonably but I feel that even those lashing are behaving not too unreasonably based on prior incidences they have encountered. I will not name specifics as it is their place to choose to be called out or to stay anonymous.

Thunked

Back to top Go down

Post  Kodak Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:22 am

What a useless, picky topic. That I apparently feel compelled to post on.

Just for kicks, I'd like to see if anyone can guess who I am.

I don't think we really....care.. xD

Kodak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 am

Just for kicks, I'd like to see if anyone can guess who I am.

Just for kicks, I don't give a shit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 pm

You're mighty odd people. If I joke, you'll flame me. If I'm serious, you'll flame me. What kind of reply would compel more than one person to be polite? I don't mind the fact it's me you're bashing, because I hold the possibility that I can sometimes just be plain annoying to everyone (not really), but I think the purpose of Clan restoration dies with your behavior.

And you know, I just lied. I do mind. I admit some of the things I wrote were a bit mean, but any attempts to actually insult were more along the humoresque line, because the essence of this place seems like one big joke that I decided to play along with. Perhaps it was an unwise decision to press that submit button so many times (the first time being the biggest mistake, followed by this post), but I will honestly tell you that I feel hurt. Yes, I'm a sissy. Give me the right to be one. Because I'm quite frankly afraid of you people now.

I'll stick around the Clan just to see how this situation develops further, but any feeling that things could actually change for the better, is gone. Feel free to prove me otherwise. I'm sorry for being mean to anyone. I honestly can't hold out such an act for long and this post proves it. I blame the swift-appearing guilt. But before I sign out, consider two things if you want to change the DCL:

a) I care so much for it because The Clan used to be a place I could call home. Not because of the nifty coding or the beautiful dragons / Draiks, but because of the members who always extended a welcoming hand after every reply I had posted, been it something intelligent or just a blurt that showed how inexperienced I am with the Internet.

It's the opportunity to spend time with wonderful people that I truly cherished and enjoyed in. So much that on one occasion I tried to make peace between two fighting members, simply because it seemed incomprehensible to me that anyone is arguing. The Clan was a place in which I truly was on good terms with everyone. And while I am still on good terms with everyone, I do not see a community I want to fight for. I would give half of my soul to fight for the Clan that used to be, but considering that place hasn't existed in years, I present to you...

b) What are you guys fighting for? If you honestly want a better Clan, you would have noticed such back-stabbing gossipy behavior is only making it worse. YOU are the ones that make the community. Nobody denies you the right to be angry, but by being unpleasant you're killing the community that I thought was worth putting effort in, thus ridding me of a reason to keep on trying. I'm so sorry.

With respect,
Arki.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post  anon Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:09 pm

If you wanted us to care about your opinion, you would have stuck around DC. You left. No one remembers you, or cares who you are. And you did nothing to change that. As it stands right now, you have made no conscious effort to be a part of the member base. It's a forum with a shoutbox. Did you actually put that to use? No. The only times you have made any effort to actually talk to any of us is to belittle us.

Why then, should we do anything other than mock you in return?

If you believe that anything said only on this site is 100% truth or how the DCL truly is, you are a bigger fool than I thought. Nor is what is said on the official site everything that makes up DCL. No, the member base now encompasses everything private, too. Messengers, dA, all that is part of who we are. Long years of hiding under Rose's repression have taught us never to be one hundred percent truthful. It can and WILL get used against us. That's a sad truth we've come to live with since the days of Ozzy, Michi, and Angie, and I like to think that we like one another well enough to endure whatever bullshit the mod crew puts upon us in order to hang out together.

If we're vulgar here, it's because the rules allow us to be. But that doesn't mean we'd ever take it on the site. We have a little more respect for our fellow members than that. We post anonymously, get whatever is on us off our chests, and MOVE ON. Or, well, attempt to. We're only a human internet community, after all. SRS BSNS.

You, however, fail to grasp that. Until you DO grasp that, you are, sadly, just an outsider.

anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:46 pm

I can't speak for other people, so I can't claim they remember me. But what I can vouch for is that I've joined every version of the Clan since my initial joining in 2003. I've had various levels of post-count, but still enough to get contacted by old friends who want to catch up on whatever is happening in our lives. I post every now and then in the shoutbox and try to establish some sort of communication, even at this moment. But what I wouldn't like is that the basis of the dialogue is flaming.

I know this forum was designed with this purpose, but I cannot feel comfortable communicating with anyone on the Clan, knowing they're not telling me everything they want to. If you have a problem with me, say it in my face. If you think it's justified, say it without needing to hide. I will respect your opinion, if I have a basis to. My intentions are not to belittle all of you, but establish some sort of understanding. I essentially agree there are problems within the Clan which have to be solved, but what I am doing right now is questioning the necessity of this flaming that won't lead to the solving of those problems. Even worse, I believe it's contra-productive, since this place hasn't exactly been motivating.

On a last note, being respectful in my book is not limited to one place or opportunity. I wouldn't post here or on the Clan anything I wouldn't say anywhere else I'm allowed to. And vice versa. What I said is what I would tell anyone who would ask me, been it in a Clan PM, online gallery or a private discussion with a friend. Because otherwise, I wouldn't be anything but two-faced.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post  anon Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Signed up is one thing. Lurking is another. Participating is another ball game altogether. On this site, we flame a bit, it's true. But not so much on the official site. As I said already, we're repressed so much that things just sort of explode when they need to finally come out. We're not robots. We can't just pretend to be okay with an unfair and shitty system. Being able to argue out conclusive answers for ourselves IS helpful, whatever the mod team may claim otherwise.

Instead of telling us to "stop", argue it out with us. Or ignore it. No one told you to start reading and posting here. This site allows us to argue things out to a conclusion. Getting caught up in the bullshit of "respect" and "politically correct" blurs rational thoughts and slows us down. Once we have gotten all the nastiness out, we can proceed to put on our business suits and go back to pretending DCL is an occupation, not a hobby. After all, that's what Rose wants with all her bureaucracy.

Unfortunately, every single DCLer is two-faced. This community has long years of having to do it out of habit. I already pointed that out. Even you are two-faced, being so much of a lurker until drama starts up and then having the gall to pretend you hate it. Secretly, all of us enjoy a good fire. We are, after all, forced to choke down Rose's sense of political correctness day in and day out on what was meant to be our internet fun times.

anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:30 pm

Hmm... I'm not the kind of person to mind politically incorrect jokes or swear words thrown in for effect, as long as it's done maturely. I believe any topic could and should be discussed, no matter how problematic or controversal it is. Most of the time, such content is usually banned because people are unable to, or don't want to, discuss such themes in a rational way. In that sense, I do believe certain restraints (if not most) should be dropped concerning the usage of words on the Clan. But then it's up to the members not to abuse that freedom.

What would I define as 'abusing'? Making other members feel uncomfortable in the form of insults and attacks. Which has not happened on the Clan, but it happened here. And regardless of /where/ it happened, it still matters. I understand the difference between shouting at someone for humorous effect, criticizing someone with the purpose of finding a suitable solution and insulting someone for the sake of insulting (in other words, flaming). I still partially believe that Clan members are mature enough to handle this freedom, but what slightly surprised me is how much this place lacks any display of that. That's all.

As for being two-faced... Maybe I am. But I try not to be, because I've learned from experience that the biggest reason why arguments are difficult to solve is because both parties aren't willing to be completely honest. Having that in mind, when I'm caught up in one, I try express whatever is troubling me, admit what I wanted to conceal from them, but told them anyway, show them my weak spots and point at the places they could have tackled with this and that argument against me... Perhaps it's a bit naive of me to expect the other person is going to appreciate that and open up to me in the same fashion, but so far I have managed to solve most of my gripes this way. Because most people like it better when they're not arguing. Open communication, with no words left unsaid. Which is why I also wonder what Rose & Crew are thinking about right now. Not posting in the topics on the Clan is a bad way of resolving this.

Guilty. I post when drama comes, because it's the only moment when I feel I have something to say.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 pm

*hugs Arki*

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  anon Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:25 pm

I miss being able to say "piss" on DCL. But honestly, I don't think any members will abuse anything. At this point, we're all so AFRAID to even blink because the mods are all lashing out at the tiniest little thing. We're so self-moderated for the most part that the crew bearing over us is overkill.

Admin wrote:Post under an anonymous pseudonym without fear of repercussions for flaming. No moderation in this forum, post at your own risk.

The truth is, we're all adults, or near enough. Immature? Yea, we're on the internet. Maturity is something that's required in real life. It shouldn't be so expected on the internet because it's supposed to be for fun. So what if I say the word "Fuck"? If you're under 12 or over 70, it's okay to be offended. If you're not, let it roll off your shoulders if you're so mature. Not that I'm saying people should go around cussing each other out. Not by any means. I'm just saying... I don't see the problem. Yes, we're being crude (and in some cases, undoubtedly immature) here, but that is the whole point. Crudeness on a punching bag and on messenger so we can behave publicly. No sense chasing our tails about it.

It's hard to be anything but two-faced on the internet. Sad, but true. And, not everyone approaches the situation the same. Where you may be trying to be true to yourself, the other person may not be aware of it without you actually telling them so. Me, I tend to weigh my words and sling them at the best time for the biggest impact. I don't always get my real point across, but I nearly always rouse people into speaking their minds impulsively for a few brief moments before self-preservation settles in again. I don't like cloak and dagger communication. I'll take someone's opinion without knowing who they are, but I won't take half truths and lies and silence. If I have to take an argument, I will.

It beats the private convening-of-the-council nonsense Rose and company seem to favor. Especially since, even if I don't agree with someone, I do admit that they do have a point...if they actually do, that is. Haha. Sadly, the crew do not seem to have any actual point other than "Rose just feels like restricting everyone and then not taking the blame". Or, they can't be bothered to explain to us lowly peons any valid reasoning.

anon

Back to top Go down

Post  doggybag Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Not posting in the topics on the Clan is a bad way of resolving this.

Oh they're posting about it right enough and some of it is hilarious too (gotta love PHP exploits). The average clanner just can't see it because it's hidden in the Moderator forums.

THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT US BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

doggybag

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 am

Now that would be an interesting conversation to see.

Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  doggybag Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:03 am

Interesting only begins to describe it. HEY GUYS Don't expect to see anything fixed any time soon. They can't seem to get Rose to let them do anything productive. Lol what a joke.

doggybag

Back to top Go down

Post  & Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:49 am

wutever drama ur pretendin 2 see it luks liek tehy put sum pollz up

maek ur voatz count k

u dont liek teh dcl u voatz 4 teh gud opshunz insted uv bein wankers n winers

&

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW/B/ Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 pm

LOLWUT

NEW/B/

Back to top Go down

Post  ... Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:22 pm

No one remembers you, or cares who you are.
That's going a bit far. There are many who remember her, it's just likely that you're just not aware of it perhaps because you haven't been around long enough to know how much she's contributed to the DC as a whole.

I don't mean this in any way a direct attack or anything, but for everyone. Phrases like that are unnecessary and really can put someone into a lot of emotional pain. Mew is just stating how the DC has changed a lot over its many generations, and how flaming isn't required when the DC is trying extremely hard right now to fix itself.

Please, watch what you say. Thanks.
- Silver / Koarai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum