Dragon Clan Lands Punching Bag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jez = Stupid

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jez = Stupid Empty Jez = Stupid

Post  lolol Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:07 am

Oh, Jez, your ability to say exactly the WRONG thing at the WORST time is absolutely EPIC.

Jez wrote:I've got a great idea!! Let's have the owner stop paying for the site so it gets shut down and someone else can create a dragon site! Cause we don't know how long Ozz's version is going to stay up and working! Thrilling! It makes me all tingly. Very Happy

I applaud your endeavors to make Rose fail. You're doing a wonderful job. With friends like you, what does she need her enemies for?

lolol

Back to top Go down

Jez = Stupid Empty Re: Jez = Stupid

Post  unwanted Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:22 am

It's a talent. Very Happy

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiccup Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:45 am

Man I've always thought that woman was an idiot. Evidence for it just keeps popping up.

Hiccup

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:14 am

Yup. Sarcasm is such a wonderful tool. Confuses the morons.

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  haha Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:49 am

Naw, Jez, it just proves you ARE a moron. Why don't you go back to shitting babies out?

haha

Back to top Go down

Post  doggybag Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:35 am

A mod shouldn't be using sarcasm, ever. Especially not publically. A mod should never ever be rude and unhelpful to the members. A mod should never publically scold or berate a member, nor single them out in front of the entire community. Jez has done all of these and has been very unconstructive in her criticism too.

It smacks of unprofessionalism.

She should not be a moderator. She is unsuitable for the position.

doggybag

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:13 pm

Lmao. So it's okay for members to do that to the mods but no the other way around?

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  doggybag Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Absolutely not! Some moderators are reported for that kind of behavior at other forums and they end up being demoted. I'm surprised that question was even asked. >.>

A moderator is the public voice of the community. It reflects on you very badly indeed if you are attacking members in full public view with no constructiveness and arguing with them. Beyond being able to edit posts; being able to view private sets of forums (which are actually pretty easy to view if you know what you are doing); moving/locking threads and having the ability to post up stickies, I don't believe Jez knows what a moderator is. She certainly isn't taking care of the community for the better right now. Attacking members is definitely NOT the way to go.

Fair enough - I can understand that you have to deal with idiots. Well guess what, so does everybody. But when you are in a position of authority it's your job and your responsibility to MODERATE. To mediate. To be the level head and try to work on a resolve. If somebody is misbehaving, you do not attack them. Ever.

doggybag

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:35 pm

So what do you suggest when polite askings and warnings are ignored?

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Auction Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:17 am

I suggest not going into each new incident with the same blundering stupidity. There was no sign of Jez being polite in that topic until after she had blown up and proven herself to be out of control. It seems she does more than "keeps things in mind", she approaches people with petty grudges and snaps right away. Her sense of "diplomacy" is blown far out of proportion just because Rose uses her as an attack dog.

A mod should:
1) Recognize it's a new, separate incident.
2) Post a polite response.
3) If the members ignore, state a firm warning without being a whiny, snappy teenager.

But then again, the mods of DCL seem to behave as if the members shouldn't have their own opinions. Even politely worded opinions with no attempts to "attack" the mods are wrote off as bad.

Auction

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:54 am

I was thinking more of the Shoutbox incident. I personally thought the convo wasn't so bad, but when confronted about it, they ignored Rose and got worse. That's what I'd like to know about opinion wise. People won't listen to niceties it seems. They laugh it off.

And if you hadn't noticed, Jez has always been bitchy.

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  O: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:23 am

That whole SB incident was because Rose was PMSing and jealous that Kathy and co were having fun. I don't, however, make any excuses for their stupidity. They should have shut up the minute it became clear Rose was being a bitch that night. They have messengers. However, feeling "justified" in behaving childishly and taking the SB down is right out.

"Always been bitchy" is no excuse. Period.

O:

Back to top Go down

Post  mad duck Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Before I start - this is not a message intended to be flaming or insulting. It is, however, a strong critique. I would appreciate it if you would read it and sincerely think about it before turning this thread back into name calling.

And if you hadn't noticed, Jez has always been bitchy.

Then she shouldn't be a moderator. Moderators are supposed to be role models, not "bitches." You must lead by example if you have any desire to see the normal members behave. In both counts - Rose and Jez, you have failed.

Rose will often speak of sexual situations in jest - which makes the members believe it's okay. If it's not okay then none of the mods should do it.

I've seen Jez swear in the forum an SB before, and she verbally assaults people. So now where is the PG 13 rating? What is allowed and what isn't?

Cold hard rules are hard to follow and relate to. But as the people making the rules, you should know them inside and out and LIVE BY THEM. If the members see a moderator doing something that's borderline (like discussions about sexuality), the moderator participating in it will only justify that it's all right.

mad duck

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Hm, now the cuss words. Hell and damn have always been allowed ever since I guess DC7 when that Shoutbox quote was posted by Ozz. All the other cuss words are suppose to be censored now.

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  mad duck Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:16 pm

Hm, now the cuss words. Hell and damn have always been allowed ever since I guess DC7 when that Shoutbox quote was posted by Ozz. All the other cuss words are suppose to be censored now.

Well that's one thing cleared up then. Thank you for addressing that much.

mad duck

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:48 pm

*nods* Thank you guys for your critique and brutal honesty. I know I have had a problem keeping RL things from affecting my online life lately. I'll probably take some time away from Modly things (at least drama) and upkeep the Suggestion Box hoping that RL issues clear/get solved/doctorsstopfightingBS. Although I make no guarantees about sarcasm. That unfortunately is a part of me (Ozz never seemed to mind if that makes any difference). I will however, try to moderate it better. *knocks on wood* Do feel free to point out when I fail.

Oh, an off thought. Ass right not is not censored but is still considered a swear word. The reason it isn't blocked because the filter will block it even if it is in the middle of a word. Just so it is out there.

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  OM Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:51 am

I think you earn one point for at least taking this stuff into consideration.

...but I feel like I'm suffering deja vu. In fact, I'm absolutely certain this topic has come up with one of our current mods before. And ended with empty promises sounding very much like this after the members called them on it. Neutral

Let's see if you can prove yourself to be better than that.

OM

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:24 am

I'm not saying I'll be perfect; I know my tendencies. I probably will fall more than once. I just need someone to point it out when I become too pig headed to notice. Like I said, I'd try.

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tablet Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:32 am

I still think you (Jez) should step down. :/ You allow your personal life and temper to get in the way too much for my liking.

Tablet

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:45 pm

If I did this on a regular basis, I'd agree. Tell me, aside from this was there another time I snapped?

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  ecks Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Has your..."penmanship" gotten any better, Jez? For the record, I hope you aren't planning on stabbing innocent bystanders with the pen. XD

ecks

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 pm

*taps chin* Lol. I love you X. I'm still working on it. I've got someone to reread things before I post them which is helping. (with the exception of the post on the drama board *shakes fist at hormones*)

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tablet Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 pm

If I did this on a regular basis, I'd agree. Tell me, aside from this was there another time I snapped?

It seems like you snap an awful lot.

(with the exception of the post on the drama board *shakes fist at hormones*

Something like that just doesn't give me hope. I never understood why you were a chosen mod. We shouldn't have someone whose claim to fame is "lol I'm a bitch"

Tablet

Back to top Go down

Post  unwanted Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:04 am

Seems like? And yet you can't tell me of another situation I snapped?

I say I'm a bitch because I am not a push over. I like compromise but if someone is unwilling to play nice . . . *shakes head* I have no claim to fame. I am not famous/well known/whatever and I will keep it that way.

As for hormones, because I'm pregnant I deserve to loose the position? You have no hopes for your prejudice.

unwanted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tablet Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:40 am

As for hormones, because I'm pregnant I deserve to loose the position? You have no hopes for your prejudice.

Many women I know use the "lol my hormones" excuse, using just for kicks, they're on their period, or at times something to do with a medical condition. Figured you were just taking the same route. I didn't even KNOW you were pregnant, so thanks for the quick judgement on my "prejudice."
Although being that you are pregnant and hormonal, maybe you should at least take a break for a while.

Seems like? And yet you can't tell me of another situation I snapped?

Unfortunately, writing down when you have snapped is not my hobby. If I'd seen a board like this coming, I would have kept better track.

Tablet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum